The downtown and uptown (Kinnaird) Castlegar Medical Clinic is dedicated to providing the highest quality of compassionate care to all our patients, helping them to live their healthiest life possible.
We acknowledge, respect, and honor the Ktunaxa, Syilx, and Sinixt peoples, on whose unceded traditional territory we practice.
Important Information For Patients
While virtual appointments are still encouraged due to the recent increase in COVID cases, patients can now request an in-person appointment if need be, providing they do not have COVID symptoms.
If you are feeling unwell with any of the following symptoms: Headache, fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste and/or smell, muscle aches, fatigue, sore throat or runny nose please call us so we can make arrangements to see you while keeping everyone safe.
If you have been in contact with a positive case within the last 14 days, we ask that you let us know prior to any in-office visits so we can make appropriate arrangements
All in-office visits will require you to wear an approved medical/surgical face mask. We also ask that you come alone or with only one support person (if necessary) in order to limit the number of people in our office.
If you have symptoms and need to be tested for COVID please book online via the Interior Health website.
Castlegar Medical Clinic is not currently accepting new patients.
We encourage patients to book appointments for prescription refills at least 2-3 weeks prior to need.
Book appointment by phone: Mon-Thu 9am-4pm; Fri 9am-1pm; Saturday Walk-In clinic, book from 8:30am):
- Castlegar Medical Clinic: Uptown Kinnaird Office: 250-365-7255
- Castlegar Medical Clinic: Downtown Office: 250-365-7717
What to expect and how to prepare for your appointment:
- Only approved medical/surgical masks are an acceptable face covering in the clinic. Please ensure you bring one for your visit, cloth or home made masks are not acceptable.
Confidentiality and Privacy:
- All of our staff have signed confidentiality agreements and we are dedicated to ensuring patient privacy and confidentiality. We cannot guarantee the privacy of anything sent to us by email so we recommend you contact the office by phone for all inquiries.
- If a patient misses 3 appointments without notifying the clinic at least 48h prior, they will be dismissed from the practice.
Only patients with a current primary care provider (GP or NP) in Castlegar can book an appointment with our Saturday walk in Clinic for follow-up purposes.
All Walk-In appointments must be booked by phone when the clinic opens the phone lines at 8:30 a.m. on Saturdays:
The Saturday Walk-In clinic is located in our Uptown Kinnaird Office and opens at 8:30am. We can only accommodate a maximum of 25 patients on a first come, first serve basis. Please Note: NO APPOINTMENTS WILL BE BOOKED AT THE DOOR, all appointments must be booked by phone.
Call to book an appointment: 250-365-7255 and request for a virtual or in-person appointment.
Patient Forms and Resources
Please Be Kind & Patient
Please be patient as we try and work through these challenging times.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this evolving situation. We are all working very hard to keep you, your families, our staff and our community safe and healthy.
Our front staff are trained to help patients and we make every effort to make your experience pleasant and comfortable. Please note that we are completely supportive of our staff and neither the doctor nor management will tolerate any rude or aggressive behaviour.
Uptown (Kinnaird) Clinic & Walk-In
- Saturdays, opens 8:30am
- Max 25 patients a day on first come first serve basis. NOTE: NO APPOINTMENTS WILL BE BOOKED AT THE DOOR, all appointments must be booked by phone: 250-365-7255.
- Please note: The Walk-In clinic is only open to patients with a current Primary Care provider in Castlegar.
Where To Find US